Ensuring your factory or warehouse floor is clearly marked is vital for the health and safety of your company and employees. Take a look at our top 10 tips for keeping your floor safe:
- Common sense! Although most people have this, for the few who need some guidance, clear line markings are vital
- Regular, visual inspections are everyone’s responsibility and can highlight anything that needs addressing
- invest and prioritise in your floors and markings as you would anything else that could possibly result in youe premises being closed or your staff coming to harm
- Walkthrough the workplace as your staff do daily to identify if there is anything that needs addressing, i.e. does anyone have to walk close to machinery
- Avoid unmarked trip hazards and protect yourself and others from accidents. A simple line around the hazard will help to identify it
- Staircases may require a yellow strip edge on each step to help the visually impaired working from falling on the stairs
- Speak to your staff to help assess your requirements. They may come up with useful suggestions you hadn’t thought about
- Yellow walkways ensure staff safety when sharing a workspace with forklift drivers
- Add hatching areas where transporting vehicles are likely to be moving
- Take a look at the HSE website to find out more https://www.hse.gov.uk/.
If you need help or advice with your factory or warehouse floor, talk to us! We will happily arrange a site visit to see what your requirements are. We also do shotblasting, which is the process of priming concrete floors ready for line marking. Shot blasting adds longevity to the markings and helps with grip. Find out more about shot blasting here.