Listed Under: Blog
With so much going on in the world right now we want to try to find the positives, as well as some distractions. While the country takes measures to slow the spread of coronavirus, and with the government asking everyone to stay at home unless absolutely necessary we are all trying to find ways to adapt, and stay sane.
We've put together a list of things you can do whilst socially distancing and in isolation.
1. Virtual Museum tours and zoo exhibits - take a look at this article to see the venues offering access from the comfort of your own home.
2. Bring the pub quiz to you! Play against others in your household or as a team - you can join in here.
4. Yoga with Adriene are free videos on YouTube ranging from beginner to advanced, plus themed videos.
5. Get baking with Cupcake Jemma's popular YouTube channel. Recreate her classic recipes and learn new skills.
6. Jamie Oliver's new TV show Keep Cooking and Carry On aims to help during self isolation and social distancing, especially when it's tricky to get everything you need from the supermarket. Catch the show weekdays on Channel 4 at 5:30pm or catch up on Channel 4 On Demand.
7. The Cosmic Shambles Network: Stay at Home Festival - daily videos and prodcasts during the week brought to you by Robin Ince and guests, expect science chat and more; see the schedule and view the latest episodes here.
Entertain the kids
1. PE with Joe Wicks - 9:30am Monday to Friday on YouTube. Joe Wicks has been working to get kids fit and healthy since 2017, as well as being the Body Coach, known for his Lean in 15 recipes.
2. Carol Vorderman is offer free access to her maths website The Maths Factor.
3. Elevenses with The World of David Walliams - head to the website for a free audio story every day.
4. Music with Myleene's Music Klass is a new YouTube video series covering different aspects of music.
5. Live cookalongs for kids with Theo Michaels on Instagram and YouTube on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 4pm.
6. Free downloadable prints from Eleanor Bowmer to colour in.
7. Wildlife Chat with Steve Backshall - Wednesdays at 9:30am or catch up on YouTube.
8. Free Minecraft content from Minecraft Marketplace in their new education category. Find out more here.