What is Floor Shotblasting?
Shotblasting is the process of ‘blasting’ the floor’s surface, stripping the surface and leaving it clean. This floor cleaning and line removal technique not only creates a good clean surface, but also helps to create a textured surface, perfect for creating grip, which paint can be applied on top of to increase the lifespan of the markings.
Here is the process of shotblasting in more detail:
- A shotblasting machine is used to fire multiple steel shots at the surface. The steel shot blasts the floor, removing a fine layer of concrete.
- The debris and dirt produced by this technique is sucked back into the shotblasting machine.
- The machine is used until the desired level of abrasion has been achieved on the concrete.
- This method can be used on a number of surfaces, and different settings (speed and amount of release) will be required depending on the surface.
This method is a highly effective floor cleaning and line removal technique, which is perfect for use on indoor factory floors and markings for the following reasons:
- It is a cost effective method
- It is environmentally friendly
- It is a time saving process
- No chemicals are used
It produces an excellent bonding surface for markings, reducing coating failures
We’ll be discussing the benefits that this method offers in more detail in a future blog, so look out for more blog posts on the topic.