Parallel Lines Ltd. is committed to taking your privacy seriously and ensuring transparency on information collected for all visitors to our website.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Parallel Lines (Marking) Ltd. is the “data controller”. This means that Parallel Lines (Marking) Ltd. determines the purposes for which and how your data is processed.
Data we may collect
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
b. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How we collect data
We collect data in the following ways:
a. When data is given to us by you;
- When you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, email or through other means
- You opt-in for marketing communications from us.
b. When data is collected automatically
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Do we share your information?
We prioritise the protection of your data and employ a range of technical and organisational measures to ensure its safety. Your account access is carefully controlled through a unique username and password. We securely store your data on servers with advanced security protocols in place.
Additionally, we have implemented measures to address any suspected data breaches promptly. If you notice any signs of misuse, loss, or unauthorised access to your data, we urge you to inform us immediately by reaching out to us at email@example.com.
For comprehensive guidance on safeguarding your information and securing your computers and devices against online threats such as fraud, identity theft, and viruses, we recommend visiting Get Safe Online. Get Safe Online is endorsed by HM Government and prominent businesses, offering valuable resources and support in online safety.
Our data retention policy
Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
a. Right to access
b. Right to correct
c. Right to erase
e. Right to data portability
f. Right to object
15. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website – Information Commissioner’s Office.
17. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Laws.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Parallel Lines (Marking) Ltd. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to about cookies. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.